THIS ARTICLE HAS BEEN READ: 2942 TIMES
LAST UPDATED DATE: 22 August 2023
Select to read:
- What is Ultherapy ? How does it work ?
- How does Ultherapy work ?
- Ultherapy procedure
- The importance of Ultherapy Real-Time monitor
- Does the result depends on depth of the energy ?
- How long does Ultherapy takes ?
- How painful is Ultherapy ?
- How many line is used in each area ?
- What to expect after Ultherapy
- Does Ultherapy actually work?
- Will it swell after the procedure ?
- How to prevent swelling ?
- The difference between HIFU and Ultherapy
- Who is not suitable for Ultherapy ?
- How to prepare for Ultherapy treatment
- Ultherapy after care guideline
- Where should you do Ultherapy ?
- Ultherapy Reviews
What is Ultherapy ? How does it work ?
Ultherapy is a clinically proven non-invasive facelift. It help stimulate collagen to give skin its youthfulness by keeping it firm and toned. As we age, collagen breaks down, this result in loss of skin strength and elasticity. That’s where Ultherapy steps in and lifts up, through ultrasound therapy.
How does Ultherapy work ?
Ultherapy® uses microfocused ultrasound to generate a thermal effect under the skin at the optimal temperature (65-70°C). This effect essentially jump-starts your body’s own process to create fresh, new collagen. New collagen works to lift skin on the neck, chin, and brow—as well as smooth skin.
The heat energy from the applicator is aimed at SMAS layer; a part of muscle layer. SMAS layer plays an important role that support our facial structure. When SMAS layer get loosen it will cause drooping eyelid, sagging cheeks, smile lines and double chin. Newly created collagen in SMAS layer works to lift skin on the neck, chin, and brow resulting in better skin and overall youthful look.
- Applying topical numbing cream for 1-2 hours for comfortable feeling through the procedure.
- After that an ultrasound gel will be applied to the area being treated. Ultrasound gel act as the medium for ultrasound energy so that the energy reaches patient’s SMAS layer.
- Next, the doctor will place the applicator upon your skin to scan for your SMAS layer to choose the suitable applicator for personalized treatment. Then it is time to begin your Ultherapy procedure.
The importance of Ultherapy Real-Time monitor
The innovation of seeing details in real-time makes a huge difference. This lets the doctor see real anatomical layers of skin individually so the doctor can personalized the treatment for each patient and deliver the best result. This real-time monitor of Ultherapy gives the outstanding lifting effect compare to other kinds of lifting machine.
Does the result depends on depth of the energy ?
Yes. The deeper level the energy reaches does not mean the better result. Human skin consist of many layers (from shallow to deep respectively):
- Skin layer (Dermis)
- Fat Tissue layer (Subcutaneous Fat)
- Muscle layer (SMAS layer);The energy need to target precisely at this layer to give result.
When the energy reaches too shallow: your skin will not get lifting effect.
- Cumulation of heat in Dermis layer will result in pain, skin burns and blister.
- Cumulation of heat in Fat tissue layer will not hurt and may not have serious complication. However, the only thing is that it won’t give you the lifting effect.
When the energy reaches too deep: The energy is absorbed in Bone layer instead of SMAS layer, which can be really painful and won’t give you any lifting effect. Some patient cannot tolerate the pain and might not want to do Ultherapy anymore due to bad experience.
How long does Ultherapy takes ?
- After finishing registration and taking ‘before photo’
- Then applying topical numbing cream for 1-2 hours to ensure maximum comfort while doing the treatment.
- Next is to start Ultherapy procedure which could take approximately 1-2 hour depends on how many areas to be treat.
- Overall, it would take around 3-4 hours in total for 1 Ultherapy session.
How painful is Ultherapy?
Ultherapy is considered as a low-pain treatment. You may feel warm sensation beneath the skin due to thermal effect for collagen stimulation. Nonetheless, we provide certain measures to ensure minimal discomfort by applying topical numbing cream combined with doctor’s special technique. Therefore, you will feel maximum comfort and as well as loving the result.
How many line used in each area ?
What to expect after Ultherapy ?
You should notice 30% of results immediately after the treatment and you have to wait for 3 months to see optimal result.
Does Ultherapy actually work?
Yes. You can definitely see changes including firmer and tighter skin, less wrinkle, less drooping of brow, neck and face. At Peace Clinic we provide ‘before’ and ‘after’ picture comparison so patient can see the changes.
Will it swell after the procedure ?
Swelling is common especially with patient who have sensitive skin. Swelling will last 1-2 weeks after the procedure.
How to prevent swelling ?
You can divide treatment into two session instead of one session. For example, if you decided to do 800 lines, you can do 500 lines in the first session and 300 lines the next session but both session should be within 1 months. Dividing into two session will still give the same result as doing 800 lines in one session, the advantage is there will be less swelling.
The difference between HIFU and Ultherapy
Both HIFU and Ultherapy help tighten your skin. Their energy aim at same layer which is SMAS layer. The differences are the imaging technology, level of pain and price of treatment.
Who should not do Ultherapy ?
- Patient who have metal implant should avoid doing Ultherapy. Eg. Patient who have done facial bone surgery.
- Patient who have nerve problem or Myofascial Pain Syndrome because it may cause undesired complication.
- Patient who have heart device implant; pacemaker.
How to prepare for Ultherapy treatment
There is no specific thing to prepare, except time because it will take approximately 3-4 hours to do one session.
Ultherapy after care guideline
Patient should not take pain-control pills, anti-inflammatory pills or immunosuppressive pills. Taking these medicine will reduce the lifting effect.
Where should you do Ultherapy ?
1. Choose trustworthy clinic
Choose clinic that is approved by Ministry of Health. You can check clinic’s certificate which normally located in the counter area inside the clinic.
2. Experienced doctor
Choose provider who is experienced in facial design in order to get desired result.
3. Authentic Ultherapy Machine
Genuine Ultherapy machine is assembled and manufactured in the US. Imported to Thailand only by Merz Aesthetics Thailand which is approved by both Thailand and US FDA. You can check authenticity by searching clinic name on: http://www.merzclubthailand.com
Peace Clinic Pattaya is also listed on this website. We use genuine Ultherapy machine which is certified and can be verified by Merz Thailand company to reassure the patient that we provide safe and great results.